- All yachts visiting BYC must identify themselves by flying their yacht club burgee.
- For space availability and assignment, check in with the Dockmaster and fill out a Guest Moorage Registration card.
- Visit the BYC lobby office in the Clubhouse entry on Bayside Drive. Present your yacht club affiliation card and receive a BYC guest card for other reciprocity privileges.
- Keys for the heads and showers and a gate card to gain access to the grounds after closing hours are available from the Dock Crew for a $25 deposit. The keys and gate cards must be returned prior to departure. Your deposit is refundable in full. Should you leave without returning your key and gate card, please mail them back to BYC, and your deposit will be mailed to you promptly.
- Messages may be received or left at the lobby office.
Facilities at BYC
- Water and 30 amp power are available at the guest dock. No charge is made for these services unless there is an extraordinary large use of them.
- Heads and showers are located in the Shop Building in the South Yard and in their own building in the North Yarda. A key is needed for access in the North Yard head and can be obtained from the Dock Crew.
- Your gate card will provide access to the club grounds through the South and North gate next to clubhouse, should you return after closing hours.
- If you are assigned a mooring, daily shoreboat service is available from 0800 until 30 after sundown, unless otherwise posted. Contact the Dockmaster on VHF channel 69 or with your signal horn (3 long blasts).
- Ice is available in the freezer located on the south side of the Clubhouse. Check with the Office or Dockmaster for a key to the freezer and charges.
- Trash bins are located in the South parking lot and in the North Yard.
- Visit the Ships Store for BYC shirts, jackets, hats and various other articles. Displays are located in the Main lobby. Ask at the Office for help with your selections.
- If you are in need of any assistance, please ask the Dockmaster.
- The Club is open daily from 0800 to 2200 except Monday and Tuesday; however the docking facilities (including Dockmaster) are available seven days a week.
- Please present your Guest Card when requesting seating in the Dining Room.
- All members from clubs with whom BYC has reciprocal privileges are provided 24 hour free moorage. Current membership cards must be shown on request.
- Rafting is not permitted in the moorings.
- Pets are not allowed in the Clubhouse or the immediate surrounding premises. Pets shall be kept on a leash at all times when on other club property.
- Fishing is not allowed on the docks.
- Barbecuing on the docks is prohibited.
- Boating clothes are considered the minimum appropriate attire in the Clubhouse. Shoes and shirts are required at all times in the Clubhouse. NO hats are allowed in the Dining Room.
- Tipping of BYC employees is not allowed. A Club charge will be added to all food and beverage sales, except at the snack bar.
- Proper yachting etiquette must be observed at all times. No drying of towels, clothing or bedding on the docks; sails properly furled (and covered if stay is more than one day); no major maintenance on docks and no unsightly gear adrift.
Worth Visiting (within walking distance)
Nearby areas for restaurants, shopping and sightseeing:
- Balboa Island's town center (1/2 mile from BYC) may be reached by taking a dinghy north to the public dock on the Little Island across from the Bahia Corinthian Yacht Club or by walking northwest on Bayside Drive to the Balboa Island bridge entrance.
- Corona del Mar's town center (3/4 mile from BYC) may be reached by walking southeast on Bayside Drive to Marguerite Avenue. Turn left 1/2 block to East Pacific Coast Highway between Fernleaf and Dahlia Avenues.
- Balboa Peninsula and Fun Zone (note Ferris wheel across the bay near the Balboa Pavillion) may be reached by dinghy to the public dock near the fuel docks on the Peninsula or by ferry from Balboa Island.
Marine Hardware -West Marine 900 West Coast Highway 949.646.1711
Gas and Diesel
Valvtect located next to the Ferry on Balboa Island at 949.673.1103
Hill's Chevron and Bisbee's Texaco are located near the Pavilion on the Balboa Peninsula.
Propane: Corona del Mar Chevron located at 2546 East Coast Highway, Corona del Mar - 949.717.5096
CNG:Hill's Chevron fuel dock located east of the Pavilion on the Balboa Peninsula.
Rental Car (Newport Beach)
Avis - 4200 Campus Drive 949.955.1608
Budget - 4043 Birch Street 949.252.6240
Enterprise - 2906 West Coast Highway 949.50.4500
Hertz - 900 Newport Center Drive - 949.760.0174
Island Wash (Self-serve) 112 Agate Avenue (up from Ferry) - Balboa Island - 949.673.9665
Bayside Cleaners and Launderers (not self-serve) - 1056 Bayside Drive - Corona del Mar 949.760.0550
Yellow Cab - 800.469.8294
Pavilion (Supermarket) - corner of Bayside and Jamboree (approx. 3/4 miles) northwest on Bayside Drive
Hoag Hospital - 301 Newport Boulevard - Newport Beach - 949.764.4624
Pharmacy - RiteAid - 1016 Bayside Drive - Newport Beach - 949.760.0111
Union Bank - (corner of Bayside and Jamboree) 1090 Bayside Drive - Newport Beach - 949.760.1081
Orchid and Pacific Coast Hwy - Corona del Mar