GOVERNOR’S CUP 2012
INVITATION SELECTION CRITERIA
The Governor’s Cup is an invitational regatta. The Governor’s Cup Selection Committee shall select 12 entrants and four alternate teams (who will be invited in order of ranking if an invited team cannot attend) from among applicants based on their sailing resumes submitted with the bid package. The committee will “score” each crew based on submitted resumes using the following criteria based on a maximum total score of 100:
- general race experience (20 points)
- best regatta finishes (40 points)
- size, nature of regatta (match or fleet) & number of entrants
- ISAF or National Championship finishes (if any)
- finish position in events relative to other applicants (if applicable)
- experience on boats similar to the Governor’s Cup 21 (20 points)
- encouragement of geographic diversity of entrants (20 points)
- applicants’ ages and resulting ability to apply in the future (tie breaker)
The top scoring applicants will be invited to the event. Decisions of the selection committee will be final. The Balboa Yacht Club asks applicants to understand that such decisions are often difficult from among many applicants with diverse resumes and similar qualifications. Comments and records used in the selection process will be kept confidential.
Back to Governor's Cup home page...